Ribbon trail attached to an actor

Can someone point me in the right direction for an example on how to attach a ribbon trail to an actor? For example the trails on the ball in Rocket League. I’ve spent a few hours trying to modify the ribbon trail in the content examples and have made no progress.

The Unreal Engine YouTube Channel has a lot of materials to learn the engine, the link bellow is from that channel and will provide you with a step by step process to creating ribbons.

[QUOTE=YousefBuHazza;526359]
The Unreal Engine YouTube Channel has a lot of materials to learn the engine, the link bellow is from that channel and will provide you with a step by step process to creating ribbons.

Yeah as I said I’m working with that content example. I’ve modified it to where the particles are spawned and stationary but when I attach the particle system as a component to a moving actor the particles do not move with the actor.

Is the particle system a child of the component that moves?

I’m using Spawn Emitter Attached and attaching it to a static mesh component of the actor and I’m moving the actor with SetActorTransform. I assume if the spawned particles would stay attached to the mesh then the ribbon trail should occur?

I think I may have figured it out. Under the source for the particle emitter you can change the source method to Actor instead of particle.

You could try changing the static mesh to a skeletal mesh and then have a bone in the object. The bone would act as a ribbon trail for the object.

I was able to add a ribbon particle to an actor just by adding it as a component in the actor.