RHI Triangles drawn

I came across the UE4’s Performance Guidelines for Mobile Devices. In the Additional Suggestions section near the bottom of the page it says: “Triangle count of the entire scene should be <= 500k for any view. This has been determined to be the maximum poly count that can hit 30fps on both iPad4 and iPad Air”.
I then did a test by running a simple level with nothing but a piece of terrain on an iPad Pro (11-inch 3rd gen) and checked the triangle count in the scene with “stat rhi” command (Triangles Drawn). It turned out that the scene had over a MILLION triangles. Then I moved the camera, made the terrain hidden from the view, and saw the count go down to a couple of thousands (which I believe came from skybox). Despite of the huge change on triangle count, frame rate only went down from 120fps to ~100fps. Frame rate capping was switching off. When the 30fps capping was on, fps did not change at all.
I am kinda OK with triangle count readings since I don’t see reasons to doubt them. However, I found it hard to explain why over-a-million triangles only dented frame rate by such a tiny amount on my ipad while the Performance Guidelines suggests that the impact should be much bigger.

Did anyone have similar experience in this “max triangle count” mystery?

Did you found the solution about this? i hv same issue here