RGB masks on an existing material

So I know its possible but I’m drawing a blank and can’t for the life of me figure this out.

I want to add an RGB mask option to my master materials so that my instances have a drop down option in the details to add an image like a png over top the existing material giving it the properties of that material. I know it can be done with just a few nodes but again I’m stumped.

The idea is that say I have a Box truck or car and I want to slap a logo on it. I UV the model and create a transparent png image of the logo in photoshop, bring that into UE and using that mask option drop the image into the instance adding the texture to the car paint like a decal basically.

An example of what I’m talking about attached - the stripped lines and ghostbuster symbol are a separate png added to the material

1 Like

You can just use a lerp to switch between the normal output and the ‘decal’ output

1 Like

Oh interesting okay cool thank you for that! I did find an old file with my old set up. It allows you to keep the Original material color, normals, roughness etc but adds an RGB Mask drop down to add a png as a layered texture that takes on the properties of the material itself underneath.