Revit to Twinmotion - Light IES profile rotating on import

I am currently using Revit 2023 and Twinmotion 2023, connected with Datasmith Direct Link. I have lights placed in my Revit model, which all have built in light sources within the family. Whenever I import or sync to Twinmotion, the lights end up spinning 90 degrees and pointing sideways instead of down. I can manually rotate them back into position within Twinmotion, but when I re-sync my model, they return to their original rotated position. Additionally, when I establish the direct link, I select the option for "Twinmotion Default" for lighting, but it sets the lumens for each light in the thousands. I can also manually adjust the light intensity in Twinmotion, but when I re-sync, it resets the lumens to their original 3000 or 5000 intensity.

1 Like

Hi ,

Would you be able to submit a bug report here and share a copy of your affected Twinmotion and Revit files so our support team can investigate this? When sharing your Twinmotion file, please use the Resource Collector in the Edit menu to compress your file for easy sharing.

Best,

Raghib

And I have the same problem - these should all be recessed downlights - happy to share my files - btw - I'm using PT

Hi,

I have the same problem, is there a solution? Working with Revit 2024 and Twinmotion 2023.2

Hi ,

Thanks. If you could submit a bug report here with your files (Twinmotion file packaged with the resource collector and Revit file), I can take a look and get this added to our investigation.

Best,

Raghib

Me too. Any hot fix?