[Rev-Share] Looking for C++ developer for VR project

Looking for: Two C++ devs for UE & VR

Our talent: International team consisting of five C++ developers and two 3D modelers

Project:
We are working on a VR shooter game with many interesting game elements. We have a good team and doing well in terms of progress. Our plan is to finish MVP this Summer with the final version to be released by Winter 2024. Currently focused on Quest 2 / 3 devices.

The game takes place on the surface of random planets, and player has to survive enemy waves for a given time. There are several biomes, and respectively it leads to variation of enemy types (task for the first C++ dev). There are plenty of other additional tasks, especially related to exploring and trying new mechanics for the combat (task for the second C++ dev), and many tasks for non-combat levels . If it sounds interesting, I can share the GDD. About 25% of the game is finished. We are using Git & Jira. Two week long sprints.

About C++ Dev 1
The role requires you to think of enemy concepts and to implement them. Naturally, you will get support from us in all the steps. There will be variety of enemies. E.g. humanoid, animal, machinery (vehicle/tank), and etc. Some will be ranged - here the player has to avoid their projectiles. Some will get close.

About C++ Dev 2
We have a huge list of unrealized ideas. Since everybody is busy with core mechanics, we want one person to focus specifically on experimental features. For example, add random meteor shower that can damage the player.

General Requirements:

• Spend ~20 hours per week
  • Strong commitment is a must
  • Comfortable in UE
  • Solid C++
  • Own a VR headset (Quest 2/3) or willing to buy it (Quest 2) after the test period.

Length of project: Planning to release at the end of 2024

Split %: Performance based share

Contact method: dm me in discord rafig51

• 3 C++ Programmers
  • 1 3D Modeler

Looks like you have enough C++ Developers on the team. You need more modelers. LOL.

I love the VR Shooter GUNRAIDERS. In fact, Its the only game I play when I’m not working on my own. I have to confess that after playing in VR, playing non-VR games are somewhat ‘Stiff’ to me. But, I’ve found a solution!

GUNRAIDERS has influenced my game design. UnrealEngine makes it easy to incorporate VR, so I’m developing for Desktop with VR Support. From a Business perspective developing VR Only limits market potential.

Whats your take on this?

As for building both for VR and Desktop, our combat mechanics aren’t very suitable for Desktop to be honest. E.g. there is no locomotion, and player has to avoid projectiles with HMD motion.

Most probably, after releasing on Oculus devices, we will focus on other VR platforms instead.

But if the project is playable on PC, then it can be considered. But need to analyze its competitiveness when compared to other PC games.

1 Like

Open again.

There is spot for enemy programming. Someone with a lot of free time plz.