(REV-SHARE) Blueprint/C++ Engineer

Remote (US ideally)

Responsibilities

I am looking for an programmer who is experienced in blueprinting and C++ for a Sci-fi based Tower Defense game I am developing.

The general idea is you are on an alien planet mining the resources with a hostile territorial population of creatures attacking your mining outpost. Mining acts as both your resource and currency to upgrade your systems accordingly. You are required to protect the facility and fusion core generator at all cost that runs the entire outpost. You have the outside you start with, with initial waves from the hostile creatures who may eventually break down the bunker door. if you fail to hold them back, Then phase 2 kicks in and you have to use your weapons systems to reinforce corridors within your bunker corridors making a last stand to protect the fusion core generator room from the onslaught of enemies from destroying the facility.

The individual must have understanding and be comfortable in Blueprinting, implementing/solving elements of e.g. load menu, settings, map progression, rotation, including implementing/refining the TD logic, pathfinding e.g. spline/navmesh etc.

Qualifications

• 2+ years experience working with Unreal Engine.

• High level of skill and experience with Unreal Engine gameplay programming - Blueprints and C++ code

• Have a passion for problem solving.

• The ability to understand and work with an already existing code base.(this is regarding the toolkit I am using to help expedite the development process and reduce the programmer’s workload on implementing specific features)

• Excellent written English with the ability to clearly comment your code and document your work.

• Fluent English speaker with a microphone for voice calls.

• 10 hours per week available to work on the game. (I understand full-time work comes first so as long as you can be consistent in your deliveries. I have my own full-time job so I get it.)

• Highly motivated and passionate about the project with a desire to succeed!

• Ability to communicate frequently and provide updates regularly, (Be okay using toolkits that I have purchased)

• Experience using modular systems.

• Knowledge of Perforce/SVN.

• Has worked on 1 or more shipped game made with Unreal Engine.

• A Royalty Contract will be provided to ensure fair revenue share. Royalty percentages are negotiable for the right candidate. Located in the US (but I won’t discount the right EU/UK applicants) **this is for effective and timely communication.

• We will be working in phases 1-4. Phase 1 being initial block out phase and expanding from there with an initial 4-6 month milestone toward completing a vertical slice demo with functional base features and expand from there.

• Milestones will be in 1,2 and 4 week increments depending on the complexity of the workload/task list.

• To maintain an air of transparency I myself will be doing the art work until I can bring on a few friends who are experienced in art who are eager to assist ( they have their own current obligations to complete right now). “Big things have small beginnings.” :slight_smile:

• I currently have a number of Phase 1 block out assets for testing as well as currently completing a GDD to follow during development.

My own work history has been with clients such as IBM, Intel, Disney, Nickelodeon, Sledgehammer/Pipeworks (Cod mw3 as a Senior Environment Artist) to name a few. With over 15 years of experience in the industry. This is a passion project of mine given I am a huge fan on Tower Defense games and wanted to create something interesting and engaging.

if this interests you feel free to contact me as provided below and we can discuss your involvement further.

How to Apply

Get in touch on Discord. Send a message to: sgt.koolaid

still in the search for a talented BP engineer. Contact me via discord or through here. In the meantime I will continue to get assets completed as I am able.