Return Nodes - how do they work?

When collapsing a function it produces its own Return Node.
When adding a function using +F there’s no Return Node. I also don’t see a way to add one. Is it required?
Why do some nodes auto-feed into the Return Node when you collapse a sequence (where they were empty).
An example would be the Cast Failed pin on a Cast To (if it’s not being fed to somewhere it will feed itself into the Return Node along with whatever else is there). I don’t see why that happens. If it should, can the reasons be explained?

Tom

Outputs inside a function are not required as far as I have seen. I have at least 1 function with no output on the inside, but my flow continues through that function node anyway. It probably just runs the execution from the output when everything inside has stopped executing.

I think it auto feeds all the executions to the output on collapse because it is too simple to know which of the executions you might want in the output.

When you +F for a new function, select it’s input then look at the details tab. Click new under Output and it will create the return node for you.

I think generally Return is for passing variables and whatnot and not so much executions since that happens regardless of a Return node.

Ah thanks. As soon as I read your info about the new output in Details I remembered I’d come across this before … already forgetting stuff. Well, hopefully this will cement it in.

Even so - it’s still weird about the execution wires doing their own thing.