Return Bone to Default Transform.

I’m trying to set up an animation graph, based on a bool variable condition of “true”, to move a bone forward a short distance on the x axis. I can do this successfully, but I want the bone to return to its default transform. That is where I’m running into an issue. Once the condition is “true”, I move the bone say +4 on the x axis…when the variable goes back “false”, the bone stays at +4. If I add in logic to counter this with a -4 on a false condition, my bone starts off at -4, because the condition starts out false. I could make this work if I had a way to increment up on a “true” condition and count the increments, but I haven’t found a way to do this in the animation graph.

I cannot for the life of me figure this one out. I’m sure it may be something simple, but I haven’t found a solution via Google, or forum searches.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Specifically how are you moving the bone? via Transform(Modify) Bone Node?

I sure am, with Transform(Modify). Sorry about that.

Ok, I’ve gotten my logic figured out, but my end result is not what I’m wanting and I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong or I’m experiencing some kind of bug…

In my logic, the pose path highlighted is taken by default when the game starts. Upon a ‘true’ condition being sent to my top bool “isRevved?”, the top path is taken and +4 is added to the X transform. This works perfect…

When that bool switches back to false, my other bool “hasAxleShifted?” is then set ‘true’ and the middle path should be taken and -4 should be added to the X transform, basically setting it back to default. This is not happening. The X axis stays with a +4 offset added to it. I can directly link each pose to the final animation pose and each works as intended. I’ve checked my bools to make sure the values are getting updated and passed from my class blueprint logic, via ‘Print String’ and all update and check out perfectly.

Are multiple BlendPoses not supported or supposed to be used? I’ve tweaked this logic for hours and it seems absolutely solid to me, but I’m missing something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bump, from the frustration…