Retargeting Issues

I’m trying to get some of the Shooter Game sample project animations onto a mixamo character, but the results are bad. I followed the steps on the docs but it just doesn’t want to work. The lower body seems fine but the upper body is just entering an event horizon. I have never used any animation tools before so this is new to me. I also set up the pose to be more similar to that of the Shooter Game character and that did next to nothing.

Help me put this poor guy out of his missery: Dropbox - File Deleted

I’m not very successful either at retargeting, but:

• You might have gotten your rig bone assignment wrong in the retarget manager
  • what helped me was to enable bones in the view ( show -> bones ) and disable the mesh
  • in the retarget options of the bones window, try to set the translation retarget to a different value (I think most often not the solution, but it helps locating the problem)
  • you might have a different T-Pose, eg some twisted bones which the other skeleton does not have.

In case you didn’t see this one yet, look at this video tutorial from epic. It explains the retarget bone options.

Screenshot 2015-05-31 18.42.31.png
It is getting there.