Retargeting into MetaHuman on UE5

Hey Guys, can anyone help me how to do this process in realeased Unreal Engine 5?

I try to follow the steps but many option has changed and im lost, can anyone help?

Here is a very good channel covering retargeting tutorials in UE5
Jobutsu - YouTube

You don’t need retargeting to add metahuman to the new TPS template or the Lyra Starter Game.

1 Like

Thanks for the channel recommendation!

So, a create a TPS template and use this tutorial:

But my character has no animations and walk, jump and stay on a static pose and i dont know what to do for working.
Can you help me?

You need virtual bones. Try my timelapse video, slow down playback speed to 0.25 or so. Let me know if you find issues.

Im follow your guide video, but in the export section my project dont have the folders: NEW RIGS > MetaHuman and i dont know where the folders f_med etc… are, can you help?

The folder New rigs is in my computer. Just export to any of your local disk folder and re-import it back, changing the destination skeleton. Give it another try.

I can make it work, nice tutorial!

But i dont know what i did wrong but the feets dont move, the rest of the body yes, let me show you

Do you know what may be wrong?

This is very odd. Can you record a video showing your blueprints?

Did you add the virtual bones? I’ll post another video tomorrow. There is another way for metahumans, but may not fix the arms IK.

Sorry for late reply, im done just like the video, i see other comments with the same problem, maybe its with the meta human especifics.

What blueprint do you wanna see?

No problem, can you show screenshots of your foot IK blueprints and virtual bones setup in the skeleton?

Another question, are you using the metahuman from Bridge or from City Sample Crowds (Matrix Game)? The new metahuman characters have a new rig with all IK bones. But only the tallest male and female are available. It is worth checking out.

This is how your metahuman’s footIK control rig should look like, replace IKbones by virtual bones.

1 Like

Im gonna try the steps of the video again but with a tallest MetaHuman this time, and see if it works, when i finish i post the result here