Retargeting arm crossing problem

I used ART in Maya to create my rig, and after importing it into U4.5 I’m getting an arm crossing problemin conjunction with the Animation Starter Pack. In the Retarget Manager the bones are correctly assigned. I dont have any twist bones, so I left those blank. I also tried assign the lowerarm_twist to the hand, and the upperarm_twist to the upperarm. In the Skeleton Tree everything is set to Skeleton with the exception of Root which is set to Animation, and Pelvis which is set to AnimationScaled.

Any suggestions as to what I can try to fix that?

Thanks!

Same thing happens with a Mixamo auto-rigged character too.

Both are using the “Idle_Rifle_Hip” animation. I also tried reversing the nodes in the Retarget Manager, so that the “upperarm_l” is the “RightArm” and so on, but that didnt do anything. I also made sure that all twists are assigned bones based on “Animation Retargeting (Different Skeletons)” document.

Actually I figured it out. I had to change the Mixamo’s base pose from A to a T, so it looked similar to the Blue Man’s T pose. For those of you who might need more info, look under “Retargeting a Base Pose” here.

1 Like