Retargeting animations from default epic skeleton to 3ds Max Biped issues

Hi All,
I am hoping someone with experience in animation retargeting can help with an issue in retargeting animations from default epic skeleton in Unreal 4.8.3 over to the standard max biped skeleton.

I have setup the humanoid rig for both the default epic skeleton provided by the “AnimationStarterPack” and also for the MAX Biped skeleton.
I followed the following article when setting up the rig;
https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Animation/RetargetingDifferentSkeletons/index.html

Issues;

1. When retargeting any animation, the lower extremity of the Max Biped character (below waist) ends up sinking into the ground when the animation is playing (this happens to every retargeted animation). The animation plays fine but character ends up sinking below ground.

2. The character’s left hand is twisted and stretched when retargeted animation is playing (for example walk_fwd_rifle_IronSights)
    (See attachment anim_2)

I have also included the rig setup I am using (attachment rig_1 through rig_5).

Thanks

Looks like the animations provided by Kubold on the UE4 marketplace is much more 3DS Max Biped friendly. I have retargeted quite a few animations without any issues at all. I am going to consider this resolved but if someone has a better answer as to why the “animation starter pack” does not quite retarget properly with MAX Biped, please leave a comment or if you have found a different RIG setup that works, please mention as well.

Looks like the animations provided by Kubold on the UE4 marketplace is much more 3DS Max Biped friendly. I have retargeted quite a few animations without any issues at all. I am going to consider this resolved but if someone has a better answer as to why the “animation starter pack” does not quite retarget properly with MAX Biped, please leave a comment or if you have found a different RIG setup that works, please mention as well.