Retarget unreal mannequin for rokoko smartsuit

Hi,

I have a rokoko smartsuit pro and want to use it with the unreal mannequin through the rokoko studio live plugin. I have made a bonemap data asset for retargeting the bone names and everything works so far. The problem is, that the character comes in A pose but rokoko works only with T pose skeletons. So in the skeletion asset i made a T pose for the mannequin through “manage retarget base pose”. I saved it with “use current pose” an everytime I switch with hide pose / view pose the character switches between T pose and A pose. But if I hit play the system uses always the A pose of the character so the arms are twisted. Does someone know how can I make unreal using the T pose?

Thanks
Aleks

I solved this once, creating a pose asset instead of using the current pose, and modifying the retargeting options:

1. Pose your character on the skeleton tab.

2. Select Create Asset on the create asset button up in the skeleton tab next to Preview Animation, to create a PoseAsset from the current pose.

3. On Modify Pose, select that PoseAsset we just created and hit import, and the character will assume the pose from the PoseAsset.

4. Go to your Skeleton Tree, hit the Options tab just below, and select Show retargeting options, Then select every bone except the root and the pelvis (if you follow the naming conventions of Unreal, if not, then the highest two bones on your hierarchy) right click and hit under Bone Translation Retargeting the “Recursively Set Translation Retargeting Skeleton” option, both root and pelvis, should be already on animation or animation scaled.

5. Save the skeleton asset and hit Apply to Asset on the mesh tab in the Preview Scene Settings

6. Retarget.

Tell me if it helps.