Resurrection (Unreal Challenge: SpellarPerformance)

Resurrection (Unreal Challenge: SpellarPerformance)

Link to youtube video

Student Submission: No

Credits to sourced content:
Quixel Megascans - Concrete / Debris / Vegetation / Ground Materials
Car model - Daniel Zhabotinsky on Sketchfab
SFX - Freesound.com / ArchetypeSFX
Mixamo - Character models + animation
Robot Model - UE4 Infiltrator Demo

Stills:

Editor Screenshots:

Did you use Houdini? No

Description:
Resurrection is a short cinematic about the accidental rebirth of an archaic robot. A pair of wanderers stumble upon a mysterious piece of machinery and find themselves unexpectedly activating a revival spell surrounding the ancient machine.

The robot comes from an old UE4 Demo called “Infiltrator” and i thought it would be fun to create a piece about the mystical rebirth of this machine from Unreal Engines past.

Version 5.1.1

I recently started a company called nighttimes with a friend to focus on creating real time experiences, virtual productions, UE tools, and motion graphics. Come check us out!

~chase

5 Likes

This is visually stunning :open_mouth: everything about this is so well done

1 Like

This concept is really cool. Also it is incredibly well done. I really liked the letters that starts to float off!

1 Like

Hi there @chasehochs,

Hope you’re doing well!

Both the environment appearance and the sound effects are done brilliantly. The glowing symbols on the walls also add an incredible bit of glow to the scene. Definitely makes the project feel more ominous and impactful.

Wonderful job and good luck in the challenge! :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks so much!

Love the environment. Well done.

1 Like

Love the spells on the surfaces and cool camera work as well!
+1 vote

1 Like

Greetings @chasehochs !

I began typing my reaction to your video prior to reading your description below it. I must say how the color chosen for glyphs looks so amazing against the night sky! This looks like an important entity from another planet was discovered and hidden in an abandoned car garage by a mystical cult. A spell was placed around the entity to keep it safe and prevent it from being awakened until the right time. (Not a bad interpretation, huh? LOL!)

The way the glyphs lifted off the ground after the spell was activated was incredible! The robot looks immensely powerful and intimidating, yet beautiful at the same time. Great sound effects and awesome display of power and mystery! Excellent storytelling!

Congratulations on the start of your new company! I wish you all the best of luck and plenty success! :partying_face:

1 Like

This VFX is amazing

1 Like