RESTful server or UE4 server for Account/Ranked/purchases etc

Hello,

I am wondering which is the best option to setup a classic clients-server architecture to manage the account, sessions, purchase, XP, Ranked points, Level, customisation and friends list like fortnite, dota 2 or Starcraft 2 (but simpler). For now I went with a RESTful server, I can create an account, login, get a session ID and save what needs to be saved server-side.
I would like to not be tide to Steam etc and make it as generic as possible but I will have to compromised.

This is fine but I wonder if this is the best way to achieve an ingame friend list, save all information regarding XP, ranked points, matches stats or customisation because it needs to go through an in-game server. Should I connect automatically the player to a “main menu” UE4 Server, make this server discuss with the RESTful server to get data ? Should I throw away the REST server and do everything through the UE4 server (with the database behind it etc) ? Is there another better option ?

I could write my own C++ server and handle everything by hand but there has to be a quicker thing to do.

rXp

Have you tried nakama? you can host it in your own server and it’s open source, you can extend or modify it (written principally on GO) https://heroiclabs.com/ // GitHub - heroiclabs/nakama: Distributed server for social and realtime games and apps.