Reset a flip flop?

I have it set up so that the player can toggle between sprinting and running. If the player were to perform an action that would cancel the sprint, i.e. ADS, crouching, walking, then I would like to set it up so that the sprint toggles on again when the sprint button is pressed. Currently I have to press the sprint button twice because it’s set to a flip flop node.

I’m wondering if there is a way to reset the flip flop node. I’ve tried using a bool and Branch system but can’t get it working. Any ideas?

2 Likes

A multigate with 2 outputs and looping enabled should do what you want, it has a reset option.

Though adding a variable to store whether the player is sprinting would probably be better and useful in the long run.

3 Likes

I’ll check out the multigate. Thanks for the tip.

I know this is about 2 years later, but I wanted to thank you for the Multigate tip!!

I had a menu open close issue. I was entering from one place (a flip flop on my character BP) but exiting from 2 possible exit points(the B on flip flop, and a close button in my menu) but i had to press the flip flop twice to retrigger the menu open. and then I was thinking, man it would be great to reset the flip flop back to A.

This was the first result when doing a search for "flip flop reset"and it was exactly what I needed!!

Thank you!

FUNNY, I RAN INTO THE SAME ISSUE JUST NOW AS WELL

THANKS!

Every time I use flip flop I have to replace it with bool variable later :slight_smile:
So sometimes it’s just easier to use bool

omg thank you <3

so the year is 2023 and this is still helpful, thanks @dr_whoop!