[Request]Trace debugging

For the trace function in the new beta i saw a lot of changes to trace which seem interesting and useful. Can you also make it such that you can see the trace when a bool in the trace params is true please?

Thanks

Hey Eshwar,

This already exists, if you look at the bottom of the trace nodes you can see an option called ‘Draw Debug’. You can check the check box next to it to turn it on or if you want it conditionally to turn on ie with a button press to toggle it on and off you can drag an output bool into the variable. This will draw a green line(s) following the trace line(s) specified and turn red when the trace test is true. Let me know if that works for you.

Best Regards,

Ryan

cant seem to find it. Are you talking about blueprints? I am using c++ so where can i find that

im using box trace btw

Yeah the world traces currently don’t have a way to show the trace, only the ones from the blueprint library (K2). I’ll add in a feature request for those ones to have the same ability. For now you would have to manually draw something to represent the trace.

Best Regards,

Ryan Van Enkevort

Thank you that will be very helpful small feature.

This is an older post but I was looking up how to draw a debug line and visually be able to see it while debugging and this is one of the first things that pop up in a google search. I just wanted to take a quick moment to update this question in case there are other users looking for the same thing.

while using c++ you can draw a debug line in Unreal by using the DrawDebugLine as follows:

DrawDebugPoint(
GetWorld(),
Location,
20, //size
FColor(255,0,255), //pink
false, //persistent (never goes away)
0.03 //point leaves a trail on moving object
);

More information can be found here: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Unreal Engine Forums