[Request] Paint terrain

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to paint the terrain I have created but I can’t seem to get it to work.
I looked around on the documentation, but I still didn’t manage to get it to function.

Are there any tutorials, or could someone make one?

Thanks in advance,

Yaz

Hope that helps I think I used that one myself to figure it out…

[QUOTE=caldrin;14906]https://youtube.com/watch?v=tsXVP0fykBM
Hope that helps I think I used that one myself to figure it out…
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Caldrin! However, when I try to pain the terrain it paints the squares that the terrain is made for instead of painting like a brush. Know how to solve this?

I think that might be some kind of bug… unreal not refreshing what has been done correctly.

Save, then clsoe down and go back in to see if it is correct… I had a similar issue but it was all going black :frowning:

Hmm… Thanks for the tip, but it didn’t seem to work for me :confused:

Tell you the truth I have not done much more than what the tutorial covers as I got dragged off to do other things haha… I had the issue with the parts of the terrain going black but after a bit it seemed to sort itself out.

Hopefully someone else will be able to help.

Gotcha, I understand. Yeah, I really hope so hehe good luck with your work!

I had this issue, and I just kept painting and it fixed itself. Sorry if that doesn’t help. I’ll load up the project I did it on and see if I can get it to happen again.

Edit: Once you start painting, it should start compiling shaders. After the shaders compile mine stop taking up entire squares. You may need to put down a base layer first, then try painting on top of the base layer.

edit 2: yeah, you’ll need to paint one on as the base layer first then paint on top of it. http://puu.sh/82fLH/8137ed0e1f.jpg

Thank you very, very much!

EDIT: However, do you know why I get black spots all over the map? They don’t seem to go away either :confused:

EDIT2: Nevermind, I fixed it by painting another layer above the “blackness” that another layer caused previously.