[REQUEST] Official Linux Release

Greetings Epic,
I love the fact that the demos are working great and robust on Linux,
I love the fact that there are some people here, on this forum and github, who made Unreal Engine 4 Editor launch and work.
But literally the only reason that I’m on a windows system is because there is no official Linux support yet (if I’m not mistaken?).
I really would love to see the official releases on Linux preferably integrated with Eclipse.
Thanks in advance,
Can

Edit: I’m really happy to see that in your roadmap.

We’d love to have Linux binary releases along side other platforms and are working towards that. I’m not 100% on the current ETA but I’ll ping Dmitry to find out the latest. Thanks for the feedback!

We do support Linux officially and you will be able to run the Linux editor in 4.5 (you will need to compile it yourself though), although the quality is still pre-alpha. It will take us a while to get to the point where we can call it a release and include the editor in the binary distribution - I cannot commit to any particular date. However, the progress is steady, and I encourage you to check out the Linux editor in its current state. The more people (try to) use it, the faster we will get it to production quality!

So far we have been IDE-agnostic on Linux, and we prefer to generate CMakeLists.txt so people can use the sources with their favorite IDE (e.g. I use KDevelop 4.7, which seems to handle our gigantic code base the best). We will look into supporting specific IDEs even better (not via CMake), but this is not the biggest fish to fry at the moment.

I really love your move towards Linux and your open sourcing, it’s a really smart move! So much in fact that if you wouldn’t have, I probably would’ve stuck with Unity and not looking into UE4 too much. (Must say that now that I do use UE4, I’m in love).
Trying to get it to work decent on my Linux machine, and after a long time of trying to figure out how to get it to work, I’m finally running the engine! The only thing I can’t wrap my head around right now is how to add my IDEs to the list of source code editors inside the engine. (Currently trying with KDevelop, seing as it seems to work best, as mentioned above). But my list is empty, and I am totally clueless on how to add it.

Worth mentioning is that I have generated the Makefiles, and I can open it in KDevelop, but can’t add code seeing as the engine doesn’t seem to know I have it.