[Request] More cooking options

It would be great if we could package our projects based only on the assets used within a specified number of levels (pretty much what Unity does). So the final build wouldn´t have the WHOLE project inside

Well, may be there´s an option for that, but I haven´t seen it neither at the doc, nor answe hub. If that´s the case… how could I do so?

Have only the maps you want to cook in the content folder and it will cook only the assets used for those levels.

Woooot!! Good to know!

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

You can also enable the ‘Game Launcher’ in Editor Settings…Experimental, and access it from the Window menu. This is an experimental feature (as the enable implies), but it allows you to get much finer grained control over cooking and packaging options, such as choosing specific maps to cook. All of these different methods are actually a layer on top of a tool called UAT (UnrealAutomationTool), which actually does the building, cooking, and running, so if you have very specific needs you can make new UAT scripts in C# and control the entire process.

Cheers,
Michael Noland

Thats a good one too :smiley:

I remember UAT from UDK, but I couldn´t find it here. Thank you very much!