[REQUEST] Kite Demo Assets for not so high end PCs

Hey all,

I was wondering if it would be possible to have the Kite demo assets re-released for more average computers. I’ve been attempting to use the content included in the pack in my project but because of the texture sizes they simply won’t load no matter how long I let the editor sit (apart from the grass and ferns, that is). I tried to do the work around of lowering the texture resolution myself but even just right clicking on the textures to export them freezes the editor forever.

I know I can’t be the only one stuck unable to use the Kite demo content, as such I ask Epic to add a lower res version (8k textures are just insane) to the marketplace along side the original high res version.

Thanks,
Duncan

Any luck with this?

Not going to happen. There will not be much left of the magic on usual 2016 hardware. Everybody would see how then hardware demanding UE4 is.

The purpose of the Kite Demo isn’t for you to have free assets (kind of), it’s to show off what UE4 is capable of, plus I’d MUCH RATHER have them focusing their efforts on things like bug fixes (Yep, I’ve had the same bugs since 4.8), so I don’t think it’s going to happen.