[Request] Basic Character Creation Tutorial

Hello,

I’m looking for a character creation tutorial at the basic starting level. Not so much the model and the animation but it is the first step that has me stumped. I’ve tried looking at what’s there but I’m not getting anywhere. I was wondering if there was either one already or if someone wouldn’t mind making a tutorial that takes a step by step approach to character creation.

I was thinking something at the basic level for playable characters and ai characters. How to create the initial pawns and controllers and how to attach them and reference them in blueprint. Hopefully some proximity based targeting and attacking. I feel really overwhelmed when I look into it all and I’m not sure where to start.

Many thanks for your time.

Hello, Friend!

Maybe THIS will hold you over until more documentation makes its way to the surface. It wasn’t exactly what I was looking for, but it got me looking in the right direction. Unfortunatley it is not a Blueprint tutorial…

Hope it helps!
MM

This link may help you. It doesn’t get too game specific, so nothing like targeting and attacking there, but you can learn the basics in the First Person Shooter tutorial mdmoberly posted.

Thank you very much I’ll have a look when I get home. Any others people know off would be very welcome.