Replicated Custom Gravity Character Rotation

Hi,

So I am working on the new custom gravity, i did a tutorial for BP and CPP which worked fine but now looking into how to get that to multiplayer for helping others.

I have hit a brick wall. I have done this in blueprints (getting to C++ version later) but when I set the custom gravity on the server the client works fine, the server works fine on itself.

But it doesnt seem to be replicating the rotation down to the client which to me is unusual given is character movement component.

It does stick to the wall in the right place so I imagine that the gravity is working fine but the character transform doesn’t see to maintain its rotation (see image below, servers character is on the left)

I know this is a new feature but I cant see why a server player character transform wouldnt be replicated (I have turned on ALL replication flags for movement and the character)

I have tried 3 games (2 clients, 1 server) and it seems that the clients are not receiving the character rotation at all for any of the others except the server?

I would rather not have to implement a replicate client transform function any time it changes as the character movement component should be doing that already and that would double up the calls?

does anyone have any thoughts?

Kind regards
Saragan

Ok so looking at this, plowed through endless C++ and got no where, it seems if I replicate the whole transform on tick (rep_notify) it works so that leads me to believe that something in the actor transform is not getting replicated properly in the character movement component?

a step closer but still would like some assistance tracking this down! i shouldnt really have to do stuff like this :smiley:

Looks like when completely upside down still doesnt work

Looks like you need to set ignore base rotation? seems to work ok after that