"Replicate 3D widget" Maybe bug?

Today I created a widget for multiplayer “computer” with blueprint. of course I assign my computer to the scene using the widget component. when I start the project in “Play as client” mode, Client 1 works as I want. It can interact with the widget, it can click and even trigger events in the widget. but in client 2 absolutely nothing works. even when the mouse cursor is on the widget “on mouse move” does not work.

my Character_BP:

And My PC_BP:

And Example Video :

I have a feeling UI is not replicated but I might be wrong. It is only client side that is for sure.

If so, give each player their own UI if possible and have the UI sync data from an actor that is replicated.

Can you give an example exactly. I had a hard time understanding because I’m new to multiplayer.

I am new to multiplayer (over the web) too :slight_smile: but we can figure it out. So as far as I know UI exists only on a player’s PC, not on the server, not replicated.

Here’s the documentation on how to set up a replicated variable:

1.3 - Variable Replication | Unreal Engine 4.27 Documentation

If that does not replicate on UI, try it on an actor class like your character. If that replicates, good! Then we know we need to replicate a variable on an actor class instead of a widget.

Also, widgets are not really meant to hold data in the first place. They are meant to be spawned when required, destroyed when not. Any data they wish to display should be pulled directly from non UI sources. For example, a health bar would pull the health value directly from a character and update automatically when the character reports change. Characters replicate, so this would always work.

Actor / Character holds the health value, replicates health value, players create their own not replicated UI and pull the health value from the character, because the character replicates.

Ok, but pc_bp is an actor class and has a “widget” component in it. So I don’t use a variable etc. I just put it in my scene. It works fine in client 1 but not in client 2. So the first client that enters the game seems to own it. If I start 1 server and 1 client, this time it works on the server but not on the client. What I mean by not working is not pressing the buttons of the 3D widget with the mouse.

++ is there anyone who has experienced the problem before or anyone who knows :frowning:

Still having problem…