Repeat a sound just once in a specific area

What kind of sound should i drag in my game? And in what blueprints should I put this command to coordonate with the are on my map? I tried in Level Blueprint and didn’t work

Hello! I want to add a voiceline that my character would say when I go in front of a door. I want it to repeat just once when I go in the specific area without loop. I tried to find something on google and youtube but I couldn’t find anything. How can I do this?

Would this work?

329600-screenshot-1.jpg

You have questions I can’t answer as I do not know what you’re doing and how it’s supposed to work. Could you explain the situation a bit?

A player walks up to the door:

• each door has a different audio associated?
  • or is there 1 door ever, and that’s it?
  • the player presses a button to play the sound or is it automatic?
  • if it’s automatic, do I need to be in a specific distance?
  • will there be more of these door?
  • will there be any other interaction with the door?

And in what blueprints should I put
this command to coordonate with the
are on my map? I tried in Level
Blueprint and didn’t work

It all depends on how it’s all supposed to work. There are too many ways of doing it to suggest one without knowing more.

If all you want is to play a sound when the player enters an area is to create an actor with a variable and player that sounds when the entities begin to overlap. There’s little else to it than using Do Once as originally suggested.

If you need to know more (or the very basics) about sounds:

For example:

Here’s a door actor with a box collision volume:

I placed this actor in the level:

When the player enters the box, the sound will play, and only once.

See above.

Or, place a trigger box in the level and:

But that’s probably the worst approach of them all…

I just wanna be something simple where I place a sound that will automate activate when I go in a specific area. For example i wanna put in in front of a building.