Rendering with sequencer is too bright

Above didn’t seem to fix the issue for me. See screenshot of render next to viewport.

Any other suggestions?

Im having this issue to. Tried all of the above solutions but I’m still getting over exposed images with the movie render queue.

Hey Folks. So i found a good solution that doesn’t even require uou to change any of the exposure settings. Just delete the skylight out of your scene, rebuild the lighting and your good to go. Works like a charm especially for dark scenes. And then you can compersate what skylight was doing with other artificial lights

1 Like

Remember to set the view mode to “lit” and almost the scalability to “high”. That could explain the difference between viewport and sequencer.

1 Like

I had the same problem, you tip works for me thanks !

I removed the skylight from scene, but it didn’t work for me, it’s still rendering out too bright , compared to viewport. Not sure what I’m doing wrong, any help please?

Did you try to switch the SkyLight to “real time capture”? it worked for me

I had a similar issue after following a tutorial that gave me the settings to use, the sun in the sky was getting really blown out on the render but looked fine in the camera preview. I found that in the Color Output render settings, unticking the box that says disable tone curve fixed the issue. I think that UE adds a tone curve to balance the dynamics, when this is disabled the resulting render will look different so unticking it will give you the result you see on screen. Though there may be instances where you want it disabled

I know it’s an old thread but maybe what I found can help someone else. I had some lamps in the scene that were hidden in the editor so I didn’t see them in the viewport but they still showed up in the rendered version, so make sure to set the intensity to 0 of all your hidden lamps

I am also struggling on this issue. EIther with sequencer or Movie Render. I get this terrible rendering, anyone have anyidea to fix it or to match both. I even turn the camera PP weight to 0…

This issue is due to having “Apply Physical Camera Exposure” box checked in the camera settings. Basically, it looks at the aperture settings of the camera to determine the exposure in sequencer. My guess is most of you have your aperture set to a low value to get shallow depth of field and doing so increases exposure in a real camera.

3 Likes

If none of the above are working, there are other discrepancies between the Viewport and recording that may be causing over-exposures.

In my case, I have common sub-levels I include across all of my main levels… each sub-level has different post-processing volumes, that I switch out to achieve different looks for different environments. When sublevels with a Streaming method of “Always loaded” are hidden in the “Levels” window, you won’t see them in the Viewport. However, as soon as you record, they will show up, and their PPVs can override the one you were just looking at in the viewport. If this is happening to you, you can remove those sublevels… or if you wish to activate them at some point, you can add level visibility tracks to Sequencer to control exactly when they’re enabled in your sequence.

The reason Unreal is making those levels visible is that when it starts recording a sequence, it effectively Simulates your level. My sublevels’ Streaming Methods are set to Always Loaded (vs Blueprint) so when it Simulates (just like with any objects in your Outliner that are hidden via the eyeball glyph) it makes them visible.

This Unreal behaviour can cause other issues that may affect the rendering, if you have blueprints in your level that perform functions in “Beginplay”. This got me at first since I expected Beginplay would only be called in games… however, it is also called when you start recording a Sequence.

Depending on what your blueprints do, this may cause various visual differences between what you see in the Viewport and what gets recorded. A quick way to test this is to Simulate your level (change the Play button mode to Simulate and press it) to see if anything unexpected happens.

Many Marketplace products - particularly weather-based products like Ultra Dynamic Sky - use this functionality to activate things like thunderstorm sounds and lightning bolts and weather effects that take complete control over the post-processing volumes and related settings in your level the instant your recording starts.

Anyway, I hope some of these additional ideas help someone!

2 Likes

This was what worked for me. Perfectly matches editor to MRQ now, thanks!

1 Like

Another cause that I’ve encountered, the viewport has two settings for exposure located under the view mode tab (where it says ‘lit’ up the top left) which are ‘game settings’ and ‘EV100’, game settings will give you the actual exposure of your render, EV100 will give you a custom exposure for your viewport. If it’s set to EV100 and you’ve adjusted it, then your render will probably look different.

1 Like

Well, in my case it was simply embarassing…

Standard FP game level, just created, no settings changed. Removing the SkyLight solves the problem.

Hi there!
I’ve also encountered a similar issue, and I believe what you’re saying is exactly my problem!
I have multiple levels. Interestingly, I don’t face the over-exposure issue with the first level, but it appears with the subsequent ones. Could you guide me through the steps to resolve this? I’m a new member, so there are many things I’m not familiar with.