Rendering/Screen capture

Hi there,
My project is developing nicely now. However I would love to be able to take 4 or even 8k renders/screen captures.
How would i go about doing this?

Thanks in advance!

Colin

How to take high resolution screenshots is written here:

However up to this point I haven’t been able to open the higher res screenshots, they always seem to be corrupted. Not sure why.

greetings
FTC

They are not corrupt. It’s just some image viewers/editors can’t open them. Windows photo viewer, Paint and Photoshop open them without a problem and they get fixed after you re-save them.

If you have a 6 or 7 series Nvidia card you already have this as a “render desktop” feature called ShadowPlay.

More or less this is video capture hardware built into the same video card and once turned on you can take hires captures be it screen shots or full resolution video that also captures game or microphone audio.

You mixup two features. Shadowplay allows you to capture video by offloading the encoding to GPU. What Pand3drt means is getting screenshots at a resolution that is much higher than his display has. And this is where the HighResShot command comes in. Shadowplay is limited to the resolution of your display. Highresshot constructs a highres screen out of multiple display-sized screenshots similar to how you make a panorama allowing you to get an 8K or even 16K screens with a 1920x1080 screen.

Whoopsie

Oh and

Nice.

Thanks again for your help! :slight_smile: