Rendering in-game books, multiple fonts & sizes possible with slate?

I’ve searched around a lot, but I apologize if this has come up somewhere and I just haven’t found it.

I’m looking for a way to render in-game book text that lets me use multiple fonts & formatting. I’ve done this in the past with scaleform htmlText fields using html tags and multiple embedded fonts.
Anyway to do this with slate so it’s platform agnostic? Or is there another way I should be doing this?

Thanks so much!

Rama’s slate tutorials might interest you.

You may also want to consider looking into one of the ‘browser in UE4’ plugins, which would allow you to write the entire page content in full HTML/CSS and use it as a texture for your page material.

Currently I’m aware of the free (MIT Licensed) VaQuoleUI, and the commercial CoherentUI and RadiantUI. There is also a task on the UE Trello boards to add Webkit functionality into the UE4 engine itself, which would allow this without plugins.

I used Coherent UI in my Unity days, and have tried the beta, and never hit any major problems with it. Not yet tried the other two but I am going to at some point soon.

Awesome thanks so much! I’m looking for a solution that will hopefully work across all platforms, especially PS4 so I’ll have to investigate these!