Rendering done with unreal

Hi to all!
I’m new here.
I’m a cgi artist and i want to try Unreal engine to do some renderings and/or animation (non interactive animation…I mean video animation).
I’m reading the Eula and i saw this:

***However, no royalty is owed on the following forms of revenue:

…]

1. Revenue from a Product which solely relies on the Licensed Technology for production
    of non-interactive linear media (e.g., broadcast or streamed video files, cartoons,
    or movies) and which is Distributed in a form that does not contain the Licensed Technology
    or, in order to deliver, rely on servers running the Licensed Technology;***

So, before download and use the engine i want to be sure.
Can i use for the rendering and animation purpose without paying anything? Can i use it for commercial project too?
Thanks in advance
Arian

If you’re rendering an animation or an image you can make commercial projects without paying anything

Thanks you very much for the confirm.
I appreciate it and thanks to epic games too for this.
I’ll learn it with very pleasure
:slight_smile:

This may change in the future do to them updating the royalty system.

I don’t see rendered output from UE4 ever being a royalty based market solution no more than I would expect rendered output from 3ds Max requiring licensing and royalty payments as it would be considered an end user tax.

My opinion if Epic started charging fees for rendered visuals they would kill off the young and growing post processing and previs market as well debase their own market place for plugin editing solutions and ready made assets.

As well the cool stuff you see come out at GDC would just end.

Well, one of the differences between UE4 and 3ds Max is that Autodesk charges you a fee to use the software at all, so they’re getting money for it anyway. Same if you use Vray which also has a charge for each additional machine you want to use for network rendering.

But I think any changes Epic would make to the licensing is to make the royalty system easier/simpler rather than making things worse

I hope it will not happen :slight_smile:
I’m learing it and I’m really loving it!!!
I just hope that for rendering and animation purpose the royalty system will be the same as it now :slight_smile: