Renaming Folder issues

Hi,

I have a strange issue in renaming folders.
-I’ve created a new folder including a subfolder. Then moved a few files in this directory.

• then I renamed the main folder.
  • the new name is created including all the files. but the old folder name is still there.
  • the folder is empty, but if I want to delete the folder it gives a message that there are still files in there that have a reference.
    if I browse to the folder in windows there are still copies of the files in there. Default__[Filename]_C.uasset
    [Filename].uasset
    [Filename]_C.uasset

I’ve just updated to the early access 2 version.

Regards Tim

What remains in the old folder are “redirectors”, which are temporary files that help resolve the broken references caused by the renaming. The solution is simple: In the Content Browser, right-click the remaining old folder, then click “Fix all redirectors in folder”. Then, you should re-save all files and your are free to delete the old folder. Done.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Thx, this helps

Is there any reason why UE doesn’t apply ‘Fix all redirectors in folder’ automatically?

Furthermore, when working in large teams, someone might be making modifications to a map and if you Fix Up Redirectors it’ll save that map, creating a conflict or blocking the system if you lock files.

Best approach is to always do Fix Up Redirectors at a set time (at night / weekends) when you know all the files would be available.