Removing UE5 plugins or reinstalling 5.0EA

Was looking to load a project from 5.0ea now having Preview 1 in order to migrate some blueprints and other assetts there but find that it wont load due to a dll issue in a plugin. Deleted the plugin directory to no avail. How can I completely remove the unrequired plugin or can I reinstall the EA version of UE5 in order to migrate the stuff I need (in that it was automatically - unexpectedly removed on installing preview 1)

Thanks guys.

你可以关注两个文件,一个是.uproject文件(即项目工程文件),另外一个是.build.cs文件,把plugin从这两个文件内移除就可以彻底删除不用插件

The google translate is great on this response: It’s just ‘’ ‘’ ‘’ ‘’ ‘’ ‘’ ‘’ ‘’ ‘’ '. No answers in Swahili, Hindi, Mongolian, or Martian please, but thanks for trying @hanbim520

I take it back @hanbim520 somehow Google thought your text was Danish. So the transalation was: You can pay attention to two files, one is the .uproject file (that is, the project project file), and the other is the .build.cs file. If you remove the plugin from these two files, you can completely delete the unused plugin. Which I will now try. Thanks

So the uProject file only has:
{
“FileVersion”: 3,
“EngineAssociation”: “5.0”,
“Category”: “”,
“Description”: “”
}
and I cant see a build.cs file in the project or the engine?

Do you have an error message for the “dll issue”?
When and how does the “dll issue” arise?
What kind of plugin is creating the issue? is it a custom plugin?

Chinese language,如果是插件问题,你需要删除plugin对应的Binaries 目录,否则插件可能不会被编译,我不知道这是不是引擎的配置文件的问题,有时候我也会遇到,还有一种情况是通过Unreal Editor编译的,但是加载DLL失败,我的建议是如果有C++文件,最好是通过VS去编译,这个生成的DLL,会比较单一,至少避免了hotreload的加载旧文件问题,插件分为引擎插件和项目插件,首先你要定位到是哪种插件问题,一般引擎插件不会出现问题(除了UE5的ECS可能有点问题),如果是删除插件就是我说的上面的两个文件,build.cs文件和uproject文件。

比如说 UE5 EA 古代山谷 demo的uproject文件
{
“FileVersion”: 3,
“EngineAssociation”: “{D87CB8B7-4F9E-A877-BE53-8BB7290BB71D}”,
“Category”: “Samples”,
“Description”: “”,
“Modules”: [
{
“Name”: “AncientGame”,
“Type”: “Runtime”,
“LoadingPhase”: “Default”
}
],
“Plugins”: [
{
“Name”: “OculusVR”,
“Enabled”: false,
“SupportedTargetPlatforms”: [
“Win64”,
“Android”
]
},
{
“Name”: “SteamVR”,
“Enabled”: false,
“SupportedTargetPlatforms”: [
“Win64”,
“Linux”
]
},
{
“Name”: “MagicLeapMedia”,
“Enabled”: false,
“SupportedTargetPlatforms”: [
“Lumin”
]
},
{
“Name”: “MagicLeap”,
“Enabled”: false,
“SupportedTargetPlatforms”: [
“Lumin”,
“Mac”,
“Win64”
]
},
{
“Name”: “MagicLeapPassableWorld”,
“Enabled”: false,
“SupportedTargetPlatforms”: [
“Lumin”,
“Mac”,
“Win64”
]
},
{
“Name”: “LuminPlatformFeatures”,
“Enabled”: false,
“SupportedTargetPlatforms”: [
“Lumin”
]
},
{
“Name”: “MLSDK”,
“Enabled”: false
},
{
“Name”: “AudioModulation”,
“Enabled”: true
},
{
“Name”: “VirtualHeightfieldMesh”,
“Enabled”: true
},
{
“Name”: “GameFeatures”,
“Enabled”: true
},
{
“Name”: “MotionWarping”,
“Enabled”: true
},
{
“Name”: “ModelingToolsEditorMode”,
“Enabled”: true
},
{
“Name”: “GameplayAbilities”,
“Enabled”: true
},
{
“Name”: “ControlRig”,
“Enabled”: true
},
{
“Name”: “Volumetrics”,
“Enabled”: true
},
{
“Name”: “FullBodyIK”,
“Enabled”: true
},
{
“Name”: “InstanceLevelCollision”,
“Enabled”: true
},
{
“Name”: “ChaosCaching”,
“Enabled”: true
},
{
“Name”: “FieldSystemPlugin”,
“Enabled”: true
},
{
“Name”: “Metasound”,
“Enabled”: true
},
{
“Name”: “NiagaraSimulationStages”,
“Enabled”: true
},
{
“Name”: “Underscore”,
“Enabled”: true
},
{
“Name”: “Uproar”,
“Enabled”: true
},
{
“Name”: “Soundscape”,
“Enabled”: true
},
{
“Name”: “MovieRenderPipeline”,
“Enabled”: true
},
{
“Name”: “EnhancedInput”,
“Enabled”: true
}
],
“TargetPlatforms”: [
“PS5”,
“Windows”,
“WinGDK”,
“XSX”
],
“EpicSampleNameHash”: “1961389419”
}

Hi Guys,
Hate to say it but whatever caused the dll issue to be reported, the problem apparently went away. WHich is wierd because I didnt in fact do anything to fix it. Suddenly the project just opened without the error. The apparently blocking plugin was the OceanProject, which was working to the extent that I needed previously. I am currently upgrading to Preview 2 - will be interesting to see if I can get the plugin in and working thereafter - anyway thnks for trying to help.