Removing UE function from widget sets binding to 'none'

If you bind a function to a, e.g, text widget, then remove it by deleting it in the graph editor, the bind will get set to ‘none’ as opposed to get removed. This will cause a compile error and will have to be removed manually when the function should be automatically removed from the bind when deleted.

Obviously minor but seems like an oversight.

Thanks.

Hey RumbleMonk,

Thanks for the report! I was able to reproduce this in 4.7.2 and in our internal build, so I have entered a bug report for the developers (UE-11509). I’ll post here when I see any update on it. Thanks!

I have same problem…
Please fix it, thx <3

I ran into this same problem today using 4.9.2-2707645.

After adding a binding and 1) deleting the binding function from the graph editor functions list or 2) Deleting the End Node in the node editor, this error message is displayed:
"Binding: Widget ColorAndOpacityDelegate(or other property name) property. TextBlock 5: Binding: ‘None’ : Couldn’t find None in HUD" (I translated it from Japanese, so it’s not verbatim)

To fix it you have to Remove the binding by clicking on the “f None” binding button for the property you’d previously binded, and then choose “Remove binding”. This’ll fix the compile error, but note that doing this will NOT delete the binding function from the function list in the graph editor.

The error message doesn’t make it easy to figure out. (Would be nice if it just had a note saying "Try removing the bind from Textblock_X’s X property.)

Good day, how do you remove “manually” the bind? i have the same error but cannot find the bind nodes for manual deletion

Still no solution to this bug? The error message doesn’t give any clue as to how to fix that.