remove all post process

How can I get rid of entire post process in UE4?

I would like to see the scene, which is just only converted from Linear colorspace to sRGB colorspace visual through gameplay camera.

If I will made the blank scene and then deploy camera, lights, assets, etc. (without postprocess volume)and then click “PLAY”, is it correct to my purpose or should I type c++ code for that?

I couldn’t find the document about related case.

It has some post processes by default, you can turn them off by creating a post process volume and change the settings on that.

I made the post process volume that turned off all effect in “PostProcessing sample scene”.
However, I think this visual is including post process , because I can see still "Motion blur effect "in this volume .

But thank you for reply promptly! :slight_smile:

Did you enable Unbound in your Post Process Volume?

I supposed fixed the problem when I checked Unbound, but unfortunately I can’t remove Tonemapper.

I unchecked the all Post Processing property in Edit mode’s viewport Show menu which include Tonemapper. I want to see just this visual in Play mode.
but I realized that viewport contrast has changed when I enter the gameplay mode…

I can’t find Tonemapper menu in PostProcessVolume’s Details menu.

Unchecking the poperties doesn’t help, then it just uses the default value. You need to find properties like “Ammount” or “Intensity” for each effect, check those and set them to 0.

Thank you for advice.
Yes, I’m trying to find Ammount or Intensity parameters in Details of the PostProcessing Volume.

However, I can’t find Tonemapper’s parameter in there:(

ue4_tonemapper.jpg

I have attached the image.
Left image is Edit mode with removed Tonemapper, right one is Play mode with Tonemapper.
Right image is a bit darker than left .

I can’t find Tonemapper’s parameter in PostProcess Volume’s Details still.

Being Discussed Here

This issue is being discussed here:

Tonemapping indeed creates problems with bright colors and tones in the scene.

There doesn’t appear to be a way to just shut down the modules. Fishing around for values that make it look like it’s off doesn’t set us at ease for knowing that it’s not actually processing anyway.

I’ve seen several posts at this point where people want to turn it off and haven’t been able.
It would be nice if we could just pull a chunk out of the config and it wouldn’t show up in the editor ui.

Unbounding a volume to turn off unwanted features seems like the opposite of most programmers methods.
bFlag_DisablePost = TRUE

So the question remains. How do we disable the processing of post processing fx in order to guarantee there isn’t anything going on the GPU?

This seems to work. Don’t put in a volume and it defaults to these.

[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
r.MobileHDR=False
r.AllowOcclusionQueries=True
r.MinScreenRadiusForLights=0.030000
r.MinScreenRadiusForDepthPrepass=0.030000
r.PrecomputedVisibilityWarning=False
r.TextureStreaming=True
Compat.UseDXT5NormalMaps=False
r.AllowStaticLighting=True
r.NormalMapsForStaticLighting=False
r.GenerateMeshDistanceFields=False
r.GenerateLandscapeGIData=True
r.Shadow.DistanceFieldPenumbraSize=0.050000
r.TessellationAdaptivePixelsPerTriangle=48.000000
r.SeparateTranslucency=True
r.TranslucentSortPolicy=0
TranslucentSortAxis=(X=0.000000,Y=-1.000000,Z=0.000000)
r.CustomDepth=1
r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=True
r.DefaultFeature.AmbientOcclusion=False
r.DefaultFeature.AmbientOcclusionStaticFraction=False
r.DefaultFeature.AutoExposure=False
r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=False
r.DefaultFeature.LensFlare=False

They can still be turned on…but at least you can start them as off and know that they are off if you don’t put a volume in.

This seems to ignore the problem of there being PostProcess by default on camera components and actors… meaning that it seems to override the project’s post-process settings. I’ve been struggling to completely disable mine (though I have gotten very close by using those DefaultEngine.ini Renderer Settings. It really should not be this convoluted to outright disable all post processes for good through the entire project.

All of those settings are available in Project Settings under the “Rendering” tab - so that’s about as easy to access as it gets. If you disable them project-wide, they will not be available even per-component (the properties will still be visible however).

You cannot disable some essential post-processing, like tonemapping (for obvious reasons). If you want any customization beyond that, then you’ll need to jump into engine source code.