Remote playing in UE4 - such as PS Now or other similar streaming services

Hi everyone!

Just a research question here, something to start thinking on. I would like to try creating a game in UE4 with the final aim of having it being computed on a machine different from that of the end user. For example, something similar to what PS Now offers. Are there any other services available online for PC that offer that for your game? Can I ship my final build to a service like that and play it remotely from another computer?

I’d like to start knowing a little bit more about this, but I only know of PS Now. There used to be similar services in PC a couple of years ago, but I don’t think they are around anymore. Could anyone point me out towards any of them if they still exist?

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

There’s no services I know of that offer that, but you can get it to work for yourself with Nvidia gamestream, though performance isn’t likely to be good.

After doing some research, I’ve found some service providers that could be of help if anyone else is trying to achieve anything similar. The names of the companies are PlayGiga, Ubitus and GameFly. Basically, they use the nVidia GRID service architecture to provide cloud gaming as PS Now does nowadays.

If you go to their websites, they explain the basics of what they do - but aimed towards the consumer base. I’ve contacted them asking how you, as a developer, could host a game in their servers - to see if they take care of the connection between player and game and so on. I guess that, from a developer perspective, you just have to make your game as usual and then host it on their end.

In any case, I’ll let you know if they get back to me and I have any more info on this regard.

Hi,
Did you have any feedback from these cloud gaming providers ?