Remote Part-Time/Full-Time UE4 Mentor in GameReady

Remote Part-Time/Full-Time UE4 Mentor in GameReady

We are a Remote game-development training center.

We seek for talented UE4 Developers (BP or C++ or Artists) to teach the students remotely in one of the next languages:

English / Hebrew / Russian

Please send your CV and salary expectation to jobs@gameready.co.il if you would like to apply. don’t be shy if you have no teaching experience.

Requirements:

• English or Hebrew or Russian (You must know at least one of these on good spoken level. )
  • Good familiarity with UE4
  • Good understanding of how game development process works overall
  • Good internet connection (that will support screen sharing in real time)

You will teach only the things that you really understand well. We don’t expect you to know EVERYTHING about UE4 or gamedev, so if you are uncertain if you have enough knowledge - contact us and we will check that together.

Our site (in hebrew only) : https://GameReady.co.il

Please send your CV and salary expectation to jobs@gameready.co.il

I have applied for this position (on 5th May).

We spend 5+ hours (close to 10) on interviews and orientation.
I was rejected at the 5th interview(3th June), cause I was late for 15 minutes and on the phone. (I had some urgent stuff to do outside, and I was expecting this to be a short call like “All good? Good. Let’s start the job.”)
All interviews had to be done in front of the PC. Even the one where I was asked weird questions like “What recent lie have you told?”.

Offered payment is not the one that stated: Skl 50 ($15.38)/lesson + bonuses. Bonuses are per extra students and extra time, so essentially rate is constant at $15/hour. But then there is prep-work and administrative stuff to do(checking boxes, fill in attendance, timings, etc) - that will take some time. Due to my calc - it is around $10/hour job before taxes and fees.
The first surprise was - that the transfer fee will be deducted from my payment. Or not - if there is more than 1k$, but with a current rate that can take a few months.

Before the last interview - an unexpected call at 9 in the morning - I was asked: “Gimme a reason to give you this job? […] You the only one who is complaining.”.
That was a follow-up after my notice “We are over 5 hours of interviews.” Stating a fact - is not a complaint.

If you need up to 10 hours to get ready for the job - you should declare that at least. Those hours will not be paid - would be nice heads up.

No hard feeling and stuff. Just summary how things went.

1 Like