Remote Multi-User Editing Requirements / Architecture

Hey Guys,

Im currently trying to setup a Multi-User Editing Envoirment that my team can work together in Unreal engine. Basically the setup isnt that complicated.
Im currently asking myself what is the best way to do it.

I want to run a seperate PC which leaves the session open forever that everyone can work every time. Does the session hoster (server) need the same high Performance requirments than the clients? Is there a core version which saves performance? Can this be installed on a cloud server?

What is the best Architecture for this Multi-User Editing Server?

Thank you all for your help :slight_smile:
Regards Jan

Greetings jschollbach!

We see that this is the first time you have posted in our forums! :medal_sports: We’re SO excited to welcome you to the Unreal Engine Community! Here are our Community Guidelines on how to be the best member you can be!

I understand that you are looking for the best way to set up a Multi-User Editing Environment. If you haven’t visited the site already, Unreal Engine provides documentation on this. I’ve reviewed the documentation, and although it may not specifically answer the questions you have, it is a great starting point to ensure you are setting your environment up correctly. I have also found a couple of videos here and here if you would like to check them out. I hope these lead in the right direction for you! Please let us know if this helps. Thank you for being an important part of our growing community! :grinning:

Thank you for your fast answer. I already checked out the most links. But i will watch the videos until the end maybe there will be some more information :).

You’re most welcome! :smiley: Please let us know if you need further assistance.