Remote IOS build issues and Certificate Keys

i have a production release of my application out on Appstore atm so this has worked for me before, i have missed multiple deadlines to deliver the project for IOS , been stuck on this for 2 months. Was able to build on my mac remotely before when it was in Mojave, I accidently updated it to big sur and all these issues popped up so i had to reroll back Mojave. in the process resetting the keychain. and certificates following are the two methods I have tried and some questions. For each of the method I cleared all the certificates and made new provision profiles. i’ve already installed all the apple intermediate and root certificates as well

Method 1

• Create a developer key and signing request using the tool “UE4” provides on windows
  • upload the signing request to developer.apple.com and make an IOS development certificate
  • Create provision profile with the app bundle and the new certificate
  • Copy the developer key (.key file), downloaded certificate and provision profile and i copy them over to my mac and install the certificate and provision profile. (I don’t think the provision profile gets installed i just double click them and leave them be for sometime), but the certificate gets added to the keychain. but there is no drop down for the keypair when the certificate is imported like this.

problem : the keypair is not there when I install the certificates made from the UE4 tool, the second issue is that how do I install the keypair separately all UE4 tool gives is a .key developer key pair which i cant install on the mac because anything that has to imported should be in .p12 format

Method 2

• Create the signing request using keychain on mac
  • upload the signing request to developer.apple.com and make an IOS development certificate
  • Create provision profile with the app bundle and the new certificate
  • Install the certificate on mac

problem : Creating the certificate through mac doesn’t give a .key file and unreal engine for some reasons needs that inorder to add a new certificate.

Logged in and logged out of XCode and downloaded manual profiles and checked if i see the certificate it says private key missing or invalid something. now then those who suggest why don’t i build straight on mac, i still have the issues of certificates for that as well, but i cant do that either ways i have a iMac late 2015 and that’s so slow and my project doesn’t even build properly on it.

I have tried so many solutions from all over the web that at this point i just want to give up on this project. is there anyone here who could assist me

1 Like

same exact issue, did you figure it out??

we needed to match xcode versions. and ended up building on a new mac. everything worked fine 4.27. message me on discord i ll help out if i know the issue Shafiu#9775