Remote Control web interface and text arrays

Hello, I’m having a bit of a problem with the remote control web interface and text arrays. I’ve got a text array variable that I’ve exposed in the remote control preset and within the preset I can add and populate array elements fine. When I go to the web interface, under properties, the variable is there but in the widget dropdown menu it has no widget selected and I am not able to use it (there are no other options in the dropdown menu). I feel like I must be missing something simple here. If I can add and populate array elements within the preset, surely I can do it in the web interface. Thanks in advance for any help.

1 Like

I am experiencing same/similar issue. In my experience, certain types of drop-down menus can be exposed, but cannot be added to the web interface.

Within UE, there are different types of drop-down menus. Some are “rich” with varying degrees of GUI within them, and others are “basic”, populated with simple values.

In my experience, simple drop-downs can be exposed & manipulated within the web interface, but rich drop-down menus cannot. Both types can be exposed and manipulated within the RCP > Control Panel. It is within the web interface that the rich drop-down’d properties are DOA.

Example

1. Launch any RCP so that you can expose properties.
  2. Click any Static Mesh, then in Details, expose drop-down for either Static Mesh or its Material. These are “rich” drop-down menus
  3. For contrast, scroll down and expose a “simple” drop-down: “Lightmap Type” for example
  4. Note that both of these different types of drop-downs CAN be manipulated within the RCP Control Panel
  5. Bring this RCP into your web interface
  6. Add both of these properties to panel within any tab

Result:
The property with a simple drop-down can be manipulated within the web interface. However, the property with the rich drop-down cannot.
In the Properties tab…

• The property with the simple drop-down has a button displaying “Dropdown” can CAN be dragged into the web interface.
  • The property with the rich drop-down has a blank button and CANNOT be dragged into the web interface. Its widget displays “No Widget Selected”