Blue Isle Studios is seeking a talented and enthusiastic programmer to join our team. We are looking for someone that is comfortable working closely with the lead programmer to port Citadel: Forged with Fire from our existing current gen console code base and support PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X platforms. You would also be responsible for working with design and QA to develop additional gameplay content.
This is a full-time remote position. The ideal candidate can work on an Eastern Standard Time zone schedule.
- Adapt and improve existing multiplayer systems to fit performance needs
- Creating stable working builds of Citadel working on PS5 and Xbox Series X
- Ensure gamepad user experience and flow is optimal
- Ensure game graphics are representative of the game’s PC experience
- Debugging and fixing any material issues that arise in the porting process
- Ensuring the game correctly conforms to the many console certification requirements
- Working with our QA team to ensure the game is generally defect free
- Developing or improving gameplay systems in C++ or blueprint to support expansion content
- Working with the Epic online subsystems as well as console APIs
- Experience with Xbox and PlayStation platforms
- Strong C++ and blueprinting skills in Unreal Engine 4
- Experience working with client/server architecture
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization
- High level of comfort extending and improving upon an existing code base
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years coding experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience programming in the video game industry
- Technical art skills with particles using cascade or niagara
- Technical art skills with skeletal meshes and animation blueprints
- Computer science or related degree
- Experience with multithreading
Please contact us at** [EMAIL=“firstname.lastname@example.org”]email@example.com** with samples of your work, cover letter and resume. We look forward to hearing from you!