Remaking a game

Hello, This may sound like the dumbest question you will ever hear, but is there anyway that I can take a game I already have on my pc (like an emulator game) and just run it through the unreal engine, and have it convert it ( like all these other guys are doing with zelda, and golden eye)? Or would I have to start from scratch and remake the entire game?

There may be some Games, which you may have access to its assets, which makes it a bit easyer to convert it. In this case probably the only things you are able to use are the textures and the meshes. But most cases you’ll need to do everything from scratch.

Thank you. Honestly I am a complete idiot when it comes to programming and things like that. I just figured I would try to see if there was an easier way to accomplish it. I should have figured though that there was not. If there was everyone would have done it already. XD

And same to you sir. Thank you. I am a complete idiot when it comes to programming and things like that.Ithas always interested me but I don’t think that I have the patience for such a thing. I just figured I would try to see if there was an easier way to accomplish it. I should have figured though that there was not. If there was everyone would have done it already. XD