Bit Fry Game Studios is hiring. We’re a stable, six year old stealth studio made up of critically and commercially acclaimed video-game designers and world champion athletes that are disrupting the $14B/yr licensed sports video-game market with major publisher backing.
We’re based in the beautiful and income-tax free New England town of Portsmouth, NH, just a stone’s throw from Boston and Portland, ME.
The Gameplay Engineer will work closely with designers to develop innovative gameplay systems for our upcoming projects.
This is a full time, in-office position. Relocation assistance within the US is available for this position.
To apply for this position, please send resume to: email@example.com
- Designing, building and maintaining major gameplay systems.
- Designing, building and maintaining other client or server systems as required.
- Collaborating with producers and design staff to optimize gameplay tools and mechanics.
- Accurately estimating time and effort required for assigned technical tasks.
- Keeping co-workers informed about progress of deliverables as well as prerequisites for feature implementation.
- Demonstrating care and commitment to quality, bug free software development.
- Minimum of 2 years of game industry experience working as a software engineer with at least 1 shipped title.
- Experience developing dynamic gameplay-related systems.
- Strong knowledge of 3D math and game physics.
- Experience working on game AI.
- Proficient in C/C++.
- Experience with scripting languages and component-based game engines.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 a plus.
- Able to adhere to the prevalent coding style and practices, including source control standards.
- Able to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Able to work well under pressure of deadlines.
- Able to work within a highly dynamic startup environment where team members typically have multiple responsibilities.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong time management and process documentation skills.
- Candidates must have a US work permit or citizenship.
Company Benefits & Perks:
In addition to a competitive salary; Bit Fry offers an outstanding benefits package to its eligible employees which includes the following:
· Unlimited paid time off plan
· Medical, Dental insurance
· Flexible paid paternity and maternity leave
· Fitness center credits.
· Flexible work hours
· Company Events (Happy hours, Movie days, Holiday party, Release parties, Random Raffles, Cook Offs, etc.)
· Games Library
· No State Income Tax or State Sales Tax in New Hampshire, among five lowest tax burdened states in the USA.
· Low Cost of Living in New Hampshire