Free Gumball for everybody!
Are you tired of not being sure about the orientation, rotation, scale, forward direction and so on of your assets, esp. during testing/prototype phases?
Be frustrated no longer, use my free Gumball static mesh, which always shows you all of this information:
- UEd’s world directions X, Y, and Z indicated by arrows 1 m long. That’s 100 Unreal units = 100 Centimeters or 10 Decimeters
- The X arrow ends on the “construction plane”, the Y-arrow is halfway under the “construction plane”, aiding you on aligning on surfaces.
- The frame on the ends of the arrows show you the dimensions of 1 qubic meter
- The diagonal from pivot within shows you the line from 0.0.0 to 100.100.100 in object space, or 1 meter in each direction from the origin.
Enclosed you find the .fbx model for any version of unreal, and I recommend assigning different coloured materials. In the example I assigned world-aligned materials (1 square meter each UV) with the same colours as the built in Unreal-Gumball.
From this view in decimeter scale, you can see more aides, e.g.:
- the Y arrow indicates 1/10 in the cube and 1/10 below it, the X arrow indicates 2/10 in the cube, the size of the letters is 3/10 of the cube
- the thiker part of the arrows indicate the direction to the pivot/origin, the thinner parts with the axis’ letter toward the direction of the axis.
.fbx file to import (check on “combine meshes” during import)
Gumball.fbx (613.7 KB)