our plugin finally got reviewed and approved and we just resubmitted it to the marketplace. UltimateVoiceChat allows you to add voice-input to your games with ease. The plugin gives you full control over the voice-data by exposing the recorded data as an compressed byte array to your blueprints. This allows you to utilize the data in the way you want.
You can add channels to your game (vicinity, radio-controlled, team channels etc), optimize network traffic by only sending data to the required clients - you are in charge, time to be creative.
Highlight Features :
- No engine modifications, pure Plugin.
- No C++ knowledge needed, all custom C++ functions are exposed to Blueprints.
- Spatial VoiceAudioComponent that can be attached to any actor.
- Lightweight Networking, will only transmit VoiceData to players that are in hearing range. (No multi-casting to just everyone on the server)
- Support for multiple VoiceChat Channels. (Global, Spatialized/Local area, Clan/Party only)
- Total control in Blueprints over the VoiceChat Data. (Could support recording, later playback, further altering of VoiceData)
- Supports dedicated servers, LAN Games & Hosted Games.
- Does not require Steam.
- Uses strong compression (Opus Codec)
- Source-Code included.
A demo project is included with an example on creating channels and altering the pitch of the speaker (on an extra channel).
Installation is simple:
Copy the plugin into your project’s plugin folder and you’ll have 2 new components exposed in your Blueprints. The VoiceChatComponent for Input and the VoiceAudioPlayback Component for Output. (See screenshots) - as a bonus you’ll have the new blueprint node “GetAllPlayersInRange” which will return an array of playercontrollers within a certain area. (Much faster than using a GetAllActorsOfClass node)
If you have any questions or need support using this plugin please feel free to reply to this thread.
Octagon Interactive Ltd.