Released UE5 games-The 60fps performance monitoring of games using UE5.

Just tried out The First Descendant via crossplay test.
The application would not let me take screenshots for some reason, which really is very unfortunate due to how blurry this game was.

Outdated test

First off, seems like they tweaked the engine. (By the end of this, you can just if the tweaks were good)

Test were done at “1080p” on a RTX 3060.

I could only test in large interiors atm.
At max settings, I rarely dropped below 66fps with 100% usage of the desktop 3060.

• But I wasn’t able to confirm this was real 1080p due to the fact that TAA or upscalers like DLSS were forced on.

• Could not use UUE5 unlocker on it to confirm the 1080p internal resolution nor did the application listen to ini edits.

The game runs fine, but it looks like blurry, smeary crap.

From the appearance of the trailers, it’s only meant to look good at 4k.
I’m not talking playing a 3080, a 3080 will only get you 60fps at 4k.
The UE TAA or TSR are also dependent on the amount of frames per second.

Which, again. That is stupid and insulting to the average wallet since playing at 4k is extremely hard even with $800+ computer budget.
This game has the same oxymoron of games mentality once again.

EDIT: After some edits to the code. Here is the performance at confirmed native 1080p on a desktop 3060.

• This game DOES NOT use Nanite. The meshes are optimized LODs.
    Smart move on the dev team. At first, the developer team stated they wanted to use Nanite. But in the end, they didn’t.

• It does use Lumen even on “low GI” but as the Nanite test showed, performance would be manageable without Nanite’s overhead.

• It does use VSM’s, confirmed via the SMRT artifacts.

On max settings in the large open player hub. It average FPS is around 51-47. That’s pretty good for placebo “ultra” settings.

What happens when you optimize?
Take down just these there settings.

• Post Processing

• GI

• Reflections

From ultra to High. Getting an average of 60-68fps at native 1080p on a desktop 3060.
Well done Nexon. Well done indeed for delivering great graphics meeting the current gen resolution to rasterization ratio.

This is what happens when you don’t use Nanite. No cartoony nanite meshes performing at 60fps but with optimized environment meshes.

This is a good testament to UE5.

1 Like