[RELEASED] for UE4: Complete Sky and Weather System

v3.0.29 fixed that for me, have you tried it yet?

we tried 3.021/027/028 or 029, not at work atm. Was that a recent release? Did you have ? or something similar.

Yeah, I had the very same 'til I updated to 3.0.29, which fixed the for me. I also used the given UE4 source modifications from the Plugin time around, but I don’t think that it had anything to do with . I’m sorry if I can’t help, I’m not a C++ dev myself, nor do I have any experience with the plugin until now.

perfect. yes, that looks like it fixed it. getting an invalid key error but so far it’s all working. thanks for that.

looks great, but would also love to see how it looks inside and above the clouds.

Check their youtube channel, lot’s of videos:

is not too hard to do with . As far as I have been able to test it, it certainly can provide you with very nice looking results, but you have to spend a decent amount of time figuring out what works best.

Actually it would be nice to know if there is a detailed guide/manual for the editor? Some of the options have tooltips, some of them don’t and I have no idea how they affect the end result.

I found installation to be overly complicated, maybe the installer could copy over the “UE4-Modifications” to make things a bit easier.

Well do keep in mind that some developers have their own edits within the source code and copying the modified files could overwrite the existing code portions. But an option for that method would be good, but then again not as default install method.

I have read through thread and people are complaining about the price. I’m thinking if you are building a game wouldn’t you build everything else first and have the sky close to what you want at the beginning and then when you are close to finishing it the sky system would be one of your last polishing parts. so you would get the month subscription and so put in the weather system last. saves you on paying for a plugin that you may only use when getting to the end. Streamline your work and your costs. that is my opinion.

Looks absolutely amazing… I hope becomes the norm for gaming atmospheres in the near future.

It’s mistery to me when people complain about pricing on a plugin like .
Seems plugin has a lot of technology behind the scenes, backed up with a pretty good integration.

Surely following the reasoning of some we should expect years of development efforts to be priced at 1.99$ (being ONLY a plugin for skies) since unreal comes at 19$…

Usually I don’t comment about stuff like but kind of trend is becoming borderline disrespectful.

If you want it free, well, develop you own, and at the end try to count the manhours you poured in it to make it fast, stable and general purpose, and then multiply that with your cost per hour.
That’s the amount of money you should owe to the dev if he made it only for you. Pretty scary right?
Personally I find the pricing terrific. And the subscription model is good too, since you can stop and renew at your will.

Sometimes I wish people would carry on with their projects and stop complaining about everything.
25$ is like getting a Burger, some chips, a beer and no tip for god’s sake!

Paying $ 250 for such a system is ok.
Paying $ 250 EVERY year if you don’t make money with it is NOT.
Funny thing though - Unity plugin is $150 WITHOUT a subscription.

If is true that’s one pretty bad offer.
Being forced to pay regularly to be able to use piece will stop me from buying .
And maybe some other guys too.
Think you should reconsider your license/subscription model…

If you read the developer’s statements you’ll find that you can cancel the subscription anytime, since it’s billed monthly.
You just lose access to the authoring tools, code still runs and generates what you set up before.
could be a problem for the developer, not the user.
I can foresee a lot of people using it for a month or two and then stop paying until one month before launch to just recheck everything, and then stop again.

I personally like method a lot. is the age of access, not the age of ownership.
Think about Netflix: you just pay a subscription and get access to content. It’s as simple as that.

Oh great! Didn’t actually read everything he wrote in thread…
just checked his website and it seemed like the software would only work with a valid subscription.
In that case, I said nothing… and I’ll give it a try! :slight_smile: Thanks for clarifying!

Does anybody build it with 4.5 or 4.6 preview? Tried it two days.
I have followed the instructions from the website, but i always get some compiler error. http://simul.co//-on-unrealengine-4/

Are the instructions up to date? I have not found the plugin section in the BaseEngine.ini.

The site has been updated. Problem solved. :slight_smile:

Why do I get so many syntax errors with your modified source?:

Is it built for 4.6 yet? I know there were several code changes to the engine from 4.5 to 4.6.

Their page on Github shows “Updates for UE4.5” on November 6th, nothing later than that.