[RELEASED] Dynamic Thumbnail Generator

Big Marketplace Link

Hello everyone!

I’ve finally released my first plugin for the marketplace, hope some of you find it useful!

On almost every single game I’ve worked on, we have at some point had the need of generating thumbnails (small images/icons) of actors at runtime. This has been traditionally difficult to do properly in UE4 as you would ideally want to keep a second world in memory where you handle the capture.

This is exactly what I’ve done with this plugin! But don’t worry you don’t have to touch the mess that is maintaining multiple worlds, this is all handled for you. All you have to do is call the Generate Thumbnail blueprint node :slight_smile:

Here is a small video showcasing what you can do with this plugin:

Features:

• Can be controlled entirely from blueprint
  • Captured in separate scene, no interference with main scene
  • Works on any actor
  • Large number of thumbnail settings
  • Built in thumbnail caching

[Update: 1.2]

• Thumbnails can now be captured from within the editor! (Right-click any actor and press Scripted Actions -> Generate Thumbnail)
  • **New Node **- SaveThumbnail (Save your thumbnail as a Texture2D asset)
  • Dynamic resolution, Texture Width, Texture Height, and Capture Alpha are now dynamically overridable

Read more about the update here

Intended Platforms: Any Platform
**Tested Platforms: **Windows

Support Email: [EMAIL=“mans.martin.isaksson@gmail.com”]mans.martin.isaksson@gmail.com
Documentation/Tutorial: Link

**Some example images

Default presets**

Usage example

Real world example

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below or send me an e-mail!

Hello,

I just purchased this plugin today and I’m really liking it so far. It’s simple and easy to use. Nice one!

Is it possible to add something like Expose on spawn to the Generate Thumbnail node?

I made a small modification to the code, I think this will benefit others.
It’s simple, pass through an optional UObject * to the thumbnail actor so that it can pull information needed to pose for the picture.
I’m sure you could replicate this in 10 min.

In my case, I’m generating a character portrait, and I needed the thumbnail actor to know the status of the player character in order to make the right face expressions. Otherwise I would have needed an actor for each possible pose.

Hey there!
Thanks for sharing your effort with us. But I need website screenshot generator for my websites. Can you suggest me the best one? Thanks in advace.
Waiting response.