Release Demo version - Notification of release

Hello! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m currently developing a game that I plan to sell in the future. And I plan to release two versions, commercial and demo. The demo version will be completely free and I would like to release it much earlier when it is ready. And as development of the commercial version continues, the demo version will also improve. In fact, the demo version of the game will be completely similar to the commercial version, but it will simply have a limitation. I do this so that people can evaluate the demo version, check its performance, and if they like the game, they can safely buy the full version. Considering that in fact they are identical (the same project), then everything will work the same.

Actually now I would like to release a demo version. In the “Unreal Engine commercial game deployment guidelines” regarding the “Notification of release” it is written: “Please make sure you do this before you ship your product or begin collecting revenue, as this will affect your entitlement to the $1 million USD gross revenue exemption when you start calculating your royalty payments.” However, now I am not registered as an individual entrepreneur, I do not have a company. I’m just a free, independent developer. :technologist:

The question is, can I release a demo version without consequences? Do I need to do “Notification of release” now? Can I release a demo version, continue development and then, when I prepare a commercial version, register as an individual entrepreneur and only then make a “Notification of release” right before releasing the commercial version? :roll_eyes:

Just a commercial version and a demo version, this is the same project, but the demo version has a limitation (gameplay) and is free. I note that I will not receive any monetary profit from the demo version :dollar: :face_with_monocle:

Sorry for my English, I’m using a translator :melting_face: