Importing a binary FBX 7.4 file that was exported in Blender, which contains at least one animation makes the editor hang at 75% of the progress bar for about 1 to 2 seconds before it crashes. That didn’t happen with Unreal Engine 4.12.5.
Exporting from Blender as FBX ASCII 6.1 doesn’t cause a crash upon importing into the unreal editor, but doesn’t import the animation.
Caveat: At a first glance, the console output suggests the issue might be happening during mesh triangulation. However, pre-triangulated meshes crash as well, with the last operation instead being related to material processing in that case. It’s possible the console output might be a bit misleading in that regard.
**Already existing reports on the issue: **
- 4.14: 4.14 FBX Animation Import Bug - Crash - Character & Animation - Epic Developer Community Forums
- Project, blend-file & FBX files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6vvo7tvqVsYeHBRV1FhWk1OWDQ (files are in the sub-directory “_props”)
- Complete console output: http://pastebin.com/raw/gbViH2QP
- Blender settings for ASCII 6.1: Pasteboard - Uploaded Image
- Blender settings for 7.4: Pasteboard - Uploaded Image
- Hardware: AMD Phenom II 955, 780 Ti (proprietary driver: 370.28), 12 GB RAM
- Operating System: Linux (Ubuntu 16.04; kernel 4.4.0-64-lowlatency); fluxbox window manager; tested with and without compton.
- Build: Self compiled on the same system using clang 3.6.2.
- Blender versions: 2.77a, 2.78b