Refraction Material will refract the transparent object in front of it

Hey WindyWang,

After some testing I was unable to reproduce your issue here is a screen shot of my test:

Could you try disabling Screen Space Reflections on your water if you have it enabled just to see if that fixes the issue (just a small hunch not sure if it will work).

Also, it would assist greatly if you could provide a screenshot of your material graph for the water especially with the translucency settings shown. I want to make sure that the materials that I’m testing with match what you are using so that I may reproduce your issue.

Thank you

Ed

Disable “Separate Translucency”

Hello Windywang,

Thank you for linking that post, I was able to find that issue in our database and confirm that it is still listed as “to-do”. I added additional information confirming that the issue still occurs. You can find the public JIRA here:

The suggested workaround is to use “separate translucency” on the material in front of the refracted material. Otherwise, the only other option is to wait until a fix is issued. You can raise the probability of the issue getting addressed sooner by voting on the Public JIRA. We use the number of votes to show community interest.

Thanks,