I’ve run into a roadblock and would love your advice.
- I have created some variables in the Level Blueprint
- I need to access these Level Blueprint variables from within the MyCharacter Blueprint
- As you can see in the first two screenshots, the method I use accomplishes my goal
- Everything compiles without errors or warnings and runs perfectly
- Unfortunately, when I attempt to save these changes, I receive an error preventing me from saving my changes (see screenshots three and four)
- This has not been a problem when using this same method of accessing variables across blueprints when not involving the Level Blueprint
- It appears that using C++ to implement this method would not have this particular problem
In conclusion, it feels like these save error messages are intended… but if the game compiles with no errors, and everything works at runtime, why would I not be allowed to save these changes? This is a strange exception to the rule.